As part of her Brave Enough Tour, Sara Bareilles asked fans and instagrammers alike to fill out a postcard.
This is what I filled out:
As graduation is here and I enter the real world, I will remind myself to be brave enough in whatever I do as hard as it may be. This goes back to one of my new year’s resolutions of doing the harder thing.
What are you brave enough to do?
See other postcards for inspiration here
Subscribe to the right to know whenever I have a new blog post (cause who knows when that’ll be), add me on facebook for real-time updates of adventures or find me here:
In about a month from today, I will be graduating from college, ending a four-year long journey. I’ve known that this was coming but as it comes closer and closer I find myself feeling a storm of excitement, anxiety and expectation. Whenever I feel like this I tend to start reading articles or turn to TED talks for some perspective. (does anyone else do this? let me know!)
Yesterday, I spent a chunk of time watching the whole “A Better You” playlist of TED talks (found here) for some much needed reassurance and advice. Some of these videos I’ve already seen many times. Many were new to me. All were good as usual.
Pairing the inspiration and information I got after watching these videos and the sobering realization that my academic career is reaching its end, I got an idea: “You have a month to make things happen. Let’s do it”
So… For the next 30 days there are 3 things that I will do everyday, inspired by the talks in the playlist.
To reach full potential….and to get the most out of this year ..
1) Eat a (healthy) breakfast everyday. Gives me a boost in the morning and something to look forward to before classes! College is not an excuse to eat crap.
2) Perform 1 hour of physical activity/exercise everyday. It relieves stress, the endorphins make me happy and exercise makes my skin glow. I’ve been doing it for a week or two now and I already feel a difference. Besides, you can’t beat the view by the Hudson River where I run (exercise of choice) (of both the water/buildings and the boys)
3) Read a book every two weeks. (Tried doing the whole read a book a week thing the beginning of August…but it worked out to be two books a week or a book every two weeks. Plus, I figure I will already be doing a lot of reading for classes.)
4) Continue my habit of reading articles everyday. Gotta keep my finger on the pulse and I like learning something new everyday.
5) Take my vitamins everyday. Whatever nutrients I’m not getting in my food I get in the form of yummy gummies. Plus, my mom said so.
Bonus points if I do these too: Sit up straight with shoulders back, stretch in the morning and make my bed everyday.
I’ll also be blogging everyday (unless there are some extenuating circumstances, but really there is no excuse). So check back everyday!
I think thats pretty doable… The next time you see me I better look and feel healthier and happier! If i dont… feel free to call me out on it.
I got this. Until then….
and Say what you need to say- leave a comment!