I love humans. I love talking to people, hearing their stories, asking hard questions, learning from them…. but it takes a special kind of person for me to admit that I really like them.
So what does it look like/feel when I like someone? In business and life? Platonic or romantic? Most of the below, if not all:
- I’m happy with myself… but sharing that happiness with someone else makes it that much real. Being around them makes me happy.
- I feel like I’m back in high school again just staying up until the wee hours of the morning or for hours talking about life and what we like/are excited by.
- I get nervous when I usually don’t get nervous.
- I feel safe when I’m with them. Safe with my thoughts. Safe in their presence. I’m not uncomfortable, bored or anxious. I’m cheerful, warm and positive.
- I smile like a doofus when I think of them/see them/are with them. My heart is light and I feel like I can enjoy myself.
- I feel like my heart is getting hugged/smiling.
- I can’t wait to get texts from them/can’t wait to answer their texts.
- I catch myself thinking about them multiple times a day or week.
- I start to see them as part of my life and someone to share my goals, fears, thoughts with.
- I can’t wait to introduce him/her to other people I hold close in my life.
- I want to show them the things I care about and experience things with them.
- I don’t talk to them because I’m bored or am filling time. I talk to them even when I’m busy and I have things to do. I make time for them.
- When I meet people who aren’t as interesting, I’m grateful and happy to have met this person.
- I feel like they are a positive influence in my life and they would be able to show me a new perspective/teach me something I haven’t thought of/seen before. They add value to my life.
Have you met someone that makes you feel this way lately?
If not, then go out there and experience something new. I’ve been meeting people like this a lot lately and it’s exciting to build a strong network of supportive people, especially since I’ve only been in LA for a little over a year and a half!
Follow along my LA adventure on instagram @inbusinessandlife
Photos taken for the first issue of Toph and Her. See me on pages 6-7 here!